Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lough O' flynn

Options
  • 02-04-2011 10:15am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭

Does anyone know anthing about where i can hire a boat for the day , fished it from the shore before and had no luck , heard that its quite good if you have a boat. Dont have any boating experience , would that be a problem? and would anyone know anything about who to ring what i need etc.

Thanks in advance :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

peterk675 wrote: »
    Does anyone know anthing about where i can hire a boat for the day , fished it from the shore before and had no luck , heard that its quite good if you have a boat. Dont have any boating experience , would that be a problem? and would anyone know anything about who to ring what i need etc.

Thanks in advance :o

Contact the white house hotel www.ballinloughhotel.com they have a boat. also the fisheries board officer john ryan has one you can hire as well.

both can also sort you out with a permit.

are you trout fishing or pike?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Both but mostly trout fishing , do you know how much it would cost and if he would supply life jackets ?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

google lough o flynn shows the prices etc there, if you have never been in aboat before i would suggest you dont go alone!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

peterk675 wrote: »
    Both but mostly trout fishing , do you know how much it would cost and if he would supply life jackets ?

Not too sure about the life jackets. I know the hotel don't have them as I had my own when I was there.

I would also check with the fisheries officer to see if the lake has been stocked yet and generally they need about 2 week after stocking before they come good

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 166 ✭✭peterk675

Thanks for the reply lads, ill look in to it :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement