Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking in off campus exam locations?

Options
  • 02-04-2011 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering does anyone know what the situation with parking in exam locations is? Most of mine are spread between Neptune stadium and CIT, with one in City Hall. I'm presuming Ill have to disc park and run to the City Hall one but is there parking availabe at the other locations?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

There is a small carpark ie approx 15 spaces, in neptune. There is also limited on street parking around there so you would have to be really early going there. City hall would have on street parking and the bus. Dont know about CIT but if you go early im sure there would be parking somewhere.

A bus is organised to go from the college up to neptune but i wouldnt rely on it at all. If you were to book a taxi there, be careful because my taxi was taken by someone else and couldnt get another one!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

FluffyCat wrote: »
    There is a small carpark ie approx 15 spaces, in neptune. There is also limited on street parking around there so you would have to be really early going there. City hall would have on street parking and the bus. Dont know about CIT but if you go early im sure there would be parking somewhere.

A bus is organised to go from the college up to neptune but i wouldnt rely on it at all. If you were to book a taxi there, be careful because my taxi was taken by someone else and couldnt get another one!

You could chance parking in the Blackpool shopping centre and walk to Neptune stadium - about a 15 minute walk, have a look at google maps and you'll find it alright. Off the top of my head, the carpark there is free for three hours - and I've known people who park there and get the bus to the city instead of parking in the city because of the cost

City Hall - Merchants quay shopping centre car park or the Elysion carpark right alongside City Hall, both paying. Elysion has a load of spaces, underground car park, but you have to actually go past City Hall, turn left and turn left again to get into it.

CIT - I think they have exams around the same time, there are plenty of spaces alright, just to be there early enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭December

You could chance parking in the Blackpool shopping centre and walk to Neptune stadium

A quick word of warning about Blackpool shopping centre car park and their multi-story - even though they say it's 'free' parking, clamping is in effect.

So you have to be very careful where you park (and the duration). Don't park in the outside carparks near Costa or Dunnes - but instead use the multi-story. Otherwise after a few hours you will get clamped (even if you were shopping for a long time! Happened to yours truly). They have security patrolling the area and marking car regs and times. -.-

My husband works in one of the office buildings around there, and the staff have to park on designated floors of the multi-story, so that is your best bet. Use the 3rd and top floor of the multi-story and you should be fine. :)

There is also a small carpark behind the Doctors office/building in Blackpool too that might be ok to use - but I haven't been there for a while so I'm not sure what parking policies are in effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Thanks a million for all the replies, seems I've more options then I had originally thought! I had visions of parking in Denehy's Cross at7:30 am and getting buses to my exam at 4 o clock..!

Advertisement