Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stalling front, flooding?

Options
  • 01-04-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭

I was looking out for heavy rain to arrive here in Galway city this evening. But nothing much has arrived. But looking at the radar, It looks like the front has stalled. I can see that some very heavy persistant rain is falling in Connemara for the last few hours that never made it any further.

I was just wondering for anyone in Connemara has much rain fallen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,064 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

I cant say for Connemara,but there has been persistant and heavy rain at times in Castlebar since around 1930.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭snowstreams

153734.JPG

This is what its been looking like for the last 3 hours or so. Looks very heavy alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Pouring rain here for the past few hours as well, raintoday gives a far more accurate picture of it than the ME radar. I'd imagine its even heavier in Galway so they could have some flash flooding

• Registered Users Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭John mac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭jprboy

MTC posted an update on the Daily Forecast thread at 23.32:

"Some parts of Clare, Galway, Roscommon, Longford and west Ulster could see heavy rainfalls overnight with 20-40 mms possible, leading to some road and stream flooding problems by morning.........."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I was just wondering for anyone in Connemara has much rain fallen?

When it wasn't drizzly it pelted rain here last night in West Connemara. Unfortunately I've no way of measuring the amount for you. Funny thing was my girlfriend is in the city and when we talked last night she was saying how she had washing out on the line drying. Some difference in weather for the short as the crow flies distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭thetonynator

Yesterdays weather: Belmullet 17.9mm, Claremorris 26.5mm and Knock Airport 20.9mm. Presumably some fell after midnight too!!!

Advertisement