Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Regularization due to design changes

Options
  • 01-04-2011 4:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi All.

Has anyone got any suggestions about the following topic and or bibliography?

Steps that may be taken to regularise design changes that have been made during the construction phase.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

It's simply called retention.

If you have made changes to the design that was originally granted planning permission and you have made changes (changes that would normally be subject to planning and/or are not exempt developments) you will now need to submit a planning application for retention (of the changes). This will 'regularise' the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 arktrux

Thanks DOCARCH. i suppose besides retention i will need to apply to new fire cert?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

It really depends on the design changes that have been made?

You should speak first with whoever is going to certify the works/building as if you ask the Local Authority they will (probably) tell you that you will need a new fire cert (it generates work and income for them!).

well, this is just for a general situation, i have to prepare an essay about this, do you know any biliography that can bw useful?

Thank you very much for reply

• Subscribers Posts: 41,152 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

minimal design changes can be agreed during construction between pertinent bodies ie planning, fire, building control etc.

as a matter of interest, donegal co co have a function that allows for a 'minor alteration' application be made, with a fee of €80 (muffler can fill us in on this one ;) )

more significant changes can be dealth with by retention, in the case of planning, and a regulartisation (note the "s" ;) ) cert when it comes to fire.

major changes that clearly are outside permission should be dealt with as a matter of stopping construction and obtain planning and amending fire cert applications / DAC applications etc

however, should major changes happen, thats more of a reflection of inadequate design and investigation prior to commencement. Changes during construction tend to be very minimal and are usually agreed in writing between all parties.

edit: the bibliography would be the planning acts and the building control acts... happy reading :)

• Advertisement

Thanks Sydthebeat, great i forgot about the DAC, i will add this to my essay.

Advertisement