Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clare zombie plan

Options
  • 01-04-2011 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭

Well since these are popping up everywhere....

I will be seizing bunratty castle in the name of the phill. Far enough from large populations, well secured, river for water/fish and already has a farm inside.
    We will celebrate in macs then :)

Who will join me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

In terms of structure it is not a bad excample of something that could be made secure by a small to medium sized group. Just fortify the entrance to the park, and you get an area that has thick walls all around it and that has a very large and well maintained castle on it's grounds.

My problem with it is in it's location. Yes it has the river beside it for water etc., but, and this is a big but in my eyes, it is on the side of a motorway that Links Limerick city and Ennis and also has Shannon airport/Shannon town just a few miles away.

Seems to me that it could become a very busy stretch of road, and the castle could become a spot that hundreds of people try to get to, not to mention the hordes that may come spilling out of the populated areas.

Great building, but not the most secluded of locations, especially when human gangs come together.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Not bad, but I reckon too many people passing by. I reckon one of those islands out on the estuary. You can drive out there in a 4WD at low tide, and you're off the menu when the tide is up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

MarkR wrote: »
    Not bad, but I reckon too many people passing by. I reckon one of those islands out on the estuary. You can drive out there in a 4WD at low tide, and you're off the menu when the tide is up.

pfffttt zombies can walk under water

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

phill106 wrote: »
    pfffttt zombies can walk under water

Nope. Their rotten bodies are full of gas. If they try, they'll float out to sea like a smelly rubber duck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭SmileyPaul

you're both technically right, there COULD be gases in the body making it float, or there could be a stomach full of flesh to help anchor it, either way, I don't think I'd want a z near my water :P

• Advertisement

MarkR wrote: »

If you are after an island in the estuary, then Foynes Island is the one to go for.

It is just off the village of Foynes, has only one landling pier, the water directly around it's shoreline (the shallows) is at the five metre mark all around, and beyond the shallows it is deeper than five metres at all points.

It also has a very strong flow of water going past at pretty much all times making itvery difficult for anything not in a boat to land there, plus it is regarded as the most sheltered island on the Shannon Estuary and has some old houses still on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Barrt2

aran islands i think probably safest way to go .

Barrt2 wrote: »
    aran islands i think probably safest way to go .

Not if the guy is near Bunratty and has to travel to them. Probaly better to use one of the river boats that are normally moored near Bunratty castle and get to Foynes Island or one of the other small islands on the estuary.

Getting to the Aran Islands would require getting a better boat or travelling towards Ennis via the Shannon area, all spots with larger populations.

Foynes Island is reachable by small boat. Has barns and old farmhouses on it for shelter, and has the villages of Foynes, Loughill, and Glin reachable by small boat on the Limerick side of it for plundering for supplies, and some small Clare villages on the other side of the island for the same.

Foynes also has a marina and a docks so there would be access to larger boats and ships should one have the ability to use them, so getting to the Aran Islands or similar could become an option at that point.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,956 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Well,seeing no one wants it...We'll take Cragganowen castle and lands then..:D
    Welcome to the republic of Grizzly.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement