Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

having a major problem with work :(

Options
  • 01-04-2011 12:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi,

So basically, almost four weeks ago, I called in sick for one day. I offered to get a doctors note, and was told I didn't need one. Ever since, she's given me no hours. I rang her last week and she said that I haven't been given hours because I am constantly "given hours I cannot work", this is the first time in seven months I've called in sick. She then said she'd put me back on the roster this week, and she hasn't.

Today, I was speaking with a girl I work with, who told me that the manager has told the staff that I have "let them done too many times" and told them that I was sacked, she hasnt told me I was sacked.

Is there anything I can do??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You can't just be given no hours.Howmany hours do you normallly work?

Have you taken hols in 7 months?

If not I'd write tot he manager asking to be paid hols for the week you got no hours or to give notice of what hours you are working next week as per your contract. If you dont have a contract, you have an 'implied contract' as you have been employed for 7 months.

How many hours per week do you usually work?

Have you ever gotten no hours for the week?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

not much, if youve only been working there 7 months, or is it that youve not been out sick for 7 months?. however you were entitled to a weeks notice. hard to enforce that though , if you have, in fact, only been working for that employer for 7 months.
    http://www.employmentrights.ie/en/informationforemployees/unfairdismissals/

http://www.employmentrights.ie/en/informationforemployees/minimumnotice/

Advertisement