Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sports injury, medical bill expenses

Options
  • 31-03-2011 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

My son injured himself(broke his arm to be exact) while training with his football team in a council run astro park.i was giving a 100euro hospital bill, which i then passed on to the manager and he told me that the club nor its insurance company would not cover the bill.

Could somebody please advise on this matter

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,412 ✭✭✭francie81

footyfan wrote: »
    My son injured himself(broke his arm to be exact) while training with his football team in a council run astro park.i was giving a 100euro hospital bill, which i then passed on to the manager and he told me that the club nor its insurance company would not cover the bill.

Could somebody please advise on this matter

If your son wasn't insured in the first instance then am affraid your on your own otherwise you can dispute the matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

I know the club im involved with has the top insurance for players and managers however the insurance have an excess on the policy and will only pay after the first 100 in medical bills. Most clubs will help you out as a good will gesture if your really stuck financially however there is no onus on them to do so

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,127 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Moved from N&F, if this isn't appropriate, bounce it back.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 13,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Definitely sounds like the insurance excess is over the €100 amount you gave to them. Most clubs don't have much spare money, but would have insurance, and if the cost had been a lot more expensive, their insurance would cover that.

Advertisement