Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackberry Apps

Options
  • 31-03-2011 7:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,

I recently purchased a blackberry and love everything about it so far. My only problem is I cant seem to find any good irish apps e.g news, radio etc. Does anyone know if they exist or how to find them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,794 ✭✭✭cookie1977

To listen to radio (inlcuding all the irish stations) look at
    Tunein. It's available from blackberry appworld and it's free unlike the iPhone version.
    http://tunein.com/mobile/blackberry/
    I visit rte.ie/news from my browser. What device did you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 chelle355

Thanks, will try that. Got the curve. 8520 i think?

You can use Viigo to grab news (RSS feeds) from different sites and put them onto a single app for you. Very handy.
    http://www.viigo.com/home

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 anneo

Hey,
    I have an iphone and was getting really sick of the touchscreen for everything, answering calls and waiting till load speaker etc appears, so I bought a blackberry curve 8520 too on ready to go. i know its not as smart maybe as iphone, but boy do I love the buttons :). Glad to spot this tread.

Thanks anneo. If you've any questions on your blackberry post away. Dont mind the nay sayers. They're brilliant devices and can do pretty much anything android or iOS devices can (even some things better).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is there any decent Google Reader apps?

Well not sure if you know but you can go to here on your blackberry:
    http://www.google.com/reader/m
    or
    Viiga RSS feed reader
    www.getviiga.com

What device have you got chrislad?

Using the 9780

chrislad wrote: »
    Using the 9780

You're running OS6 then and so should have a built in rss reader called social feeds. This was the successor to viiga but I still prefer viiga. And the browser shouls be nicer with the google reader web link.

Social Feeds doesn't seem to link up with Google Reader and I have all my feeds there. Used to having Reeder on iPhone or a native Android app. Web site works well though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Hi, I too have just joined the Blackberry owners club.

Have a 9105, really like it as it doesn't have a qwerty keyboard or touch screen. 2 things I miss from my old phone is track ID from the SE I had. Had a quick look on the apps and there is nothing free there I think. I also missed the auto locking feature of my W995. I bought the BEIKS key locker as I had made a few calls in the first week from my pocket. It is worth getting.

Other apps I got so far are weather app and endemondo sports tracking, haven't used that yet though. Got a radio app but it was working too well, will try the one mentioned

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Any good apps for checking out the local cinema listings?

Any good apps for checking out the local cinema listings?

Screenrush isn't bad. Take a look:
    http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/22407

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ollie103

Sorry to revive this old thread, but can I get the Dublin Bus Real Time information app for a blackberry? Can't seem to find it on App World so I doubt it exists... any help is much appreciated.

No app I'm afraid but I can access the info from my BlackBerry 9900 browser on www.dublinbus.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭ollie103

Thanks for the fast reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2 reihead

I'm developing a Dublin Bus App for BB10, if anyone interested let me know

reihead wrote: »
    I'm developing a Dublin Bus App for BB10, if anyone interested let me know

Sounds good. I managed to get the current android dublin bus app working on my Q10 running 10.2.1.1555 so i'd be interested in comparing yours to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 reihead

cookie1977 wrote: »
    Sounds good. I managed to get the current android dublin bus app working on my Q10 running 10.2.1.1555 so i'd be interested in comparing yours to it.

Yeah, I guess not the best time to develop this app since the android one should work without much trouble.

My app will do pretty much the same than the android one. I will keep this thread posted.

Thanks

No, I'd still do it. It does require some skill to get the apps working at present so your app would work a lot easier.

• Advertisement
Advertisement