Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Fibre in Dundalk

Options
  • 31-03-2011 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hey i am wondering does anyone know what company the new fibre is for that is getting installed in Dundalk at the moment?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭chrabo

KN networks, but that for govermont buldings and eircom

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leateds

Yeah i saw the Eircom vans today around the area where Kn Network Services have been over the last few days.

But i was looking up Kn's site and they have been hired by UPC for Dublin and nationwide. http://www.knnetworkservices.com/projects/upc-rebuild/

Wondering if UPC are coming soon?

yea 100mb brodband :D. but i dont think so upc will be here, i saw them today along louth hospital and red barns rd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭ingen

leateds wrote: »
    Hey i am wondering does anyone know what company the new fibre is for that is getting installed in Dundalk at the moment?

i see eircom were doing work on the Dublin Rd tonight, working on fiber cables, they are installing something, as i saw them over the last few days at different locations along the dublin rd.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 leateds

Yeah i saw them on the road were Heinz is the other day and they have been working along the Blackrock road the whole way down the red barns road.

Hoping i can finally get fibre to my house!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

I think the work is being done the MAN and not for residential use if it was I would be first to sign up.

But to be honest I find it hard to believe that they would invest in putting it into estates etc

I have talked to UPC several times and always get different stories but I would kick Vodafone to touch in an act.

If anyone finds anything out put it here please

i have idea. if anyone see them, just ask them they do network for upc or what?. I know mmor and town center have allredy network done, bbut they need fibre to national newtwork

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Salvation

Anyone heard anymore ?

UPC keep telling me it will have fibre here in a few months but I got that line for the last few years so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭BordorFox

According to Eircom, you can see where their rollout is heading below.

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Fibre-Broadband/td-p/19450

You can see Phase IV includes Dundalk which is currently underway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

BordorFox wrote: »
    According to Eircom, you can see where their rollout is heading below.

http://community.eircom.net/t5/Service-Updates-and/eircom-Fibre-Broadband/td-p/19450

You can see Phase IV includes Dundalk which is currently underway.

Thread is nearly 2 years old!

• Advertisement
Advertisement