Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

built-in unrar app in snow leopard?!?

Options
  • 31-03-2011 2:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

hi all, i recently reinstalled my os and now i want to unrar a file i cant seem to be able to use the built-in option in snow leopard or find it again for that matter, goolging it is no good, i keep getting advice to try downloading apps which i dont want to do!! i thought the option i'm thinking about was in utilities but nothing is ringing a bell!

any help would be great

*confused!!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Get The Unarchiver. It basically replaces OS X's BOMArchiveHelper (which has problems with many rar files) and will open just about anything.

http://wakaba.c3.cx/s/apps/unarchiver.html

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭lukegjpotter

I use UNRARX haven't had any problems

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭smtdos

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭whoopdedoo

smtdos wrote: »
    +1

when I check their site on chrome it tells me the site might have been compromised so I'll leave it and use toast to mount the file

nice one anyway :)

Advertisement