Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mechanic - Dublin 6

Options
  • 31-03-2011 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hey,

Car just failed the emissions test on the NCT and need to get it looked at. Trouble is that neither I or any of my friends have had any good experiences with mechanics around Dublin that we've gone to so far.

So can anyone name a mechanic around Dublin 6 that they would be happy to recommend?!

PM me if you know anyone!

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,841 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

see pm!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

Dave Curry Motors of Harrison Row in Rathgar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

JF Motors in Ranelagh is excellent for Mercedes and BMW. I don't know if he services any other cars though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 jimry

Go to rathgar motor factors on rathgar ave. across from comans pub +buy a bottle of dipethane. it cleans out jets on either petrol or diesel cars.
    Fill tank half full of fuel +pour a dose.
    1 bottle will give you 8 to 10 doses(e9.95).
    Reduces emissions +better mpg.

taximen swear by it.
    Chat with staff in RMF.Try it first.don't know any mechanics in the area though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

jimry wrote: »
    Go to rathgar motor factors on rathgar ave. across from comans pub +buy a bottle of dipethane. it cleans out jets on either petrol or diesel cars.

taximen swear by it.
    Chat with staff in RMF.Try it first.don't know any mechanics in the area though.

See post #3. The lane directly across the road from RMF. I've used Dave Curry Motors for years. Grand to deal with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭quenching

VolvoMan wrote: »
    Dave Curry Motors of Harrison Row in Rathgar.

+1, Andrew Curry now owns the place and is a decent chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭GalwayGunner

jimry wrote: »

taximen swear by it.

Really?!

I'll give it a go!

Advertisement