Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

XTM, CPGZ files

Options
  • 31-03-2011 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hey,

I downloaded files from the net with the extension *.zip.001.xtm, *.zip.002.xtm and *.zip.003.xtm. I couldn't open these and pages I read online suggested that if I renamed them just *.zip they would open.
    So I did this and extracting them gave me a *.CPGZ file for each original file but when I extract these I just get more *.zip files. This cycle goes on ad infinitum.

Anyone know what I can do with these? I am using an iMac running the latest version of Snow Leopard and use the built in unzipper and The Unachiver. I also have access to a Windows laptop running Vista if anyone has a solution that requires that.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭Snowbat

I think you'll need to rejoin the files using XtremSplit (Windows only).
    See http://www.ehow.com/how_6102910_join-xtm-file.html

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Unregistered Migrant

Thanks that worked perfectly. You wouldn't believe all the ridiculous and non-working solutions floating around the net.

What I don't get is why do people use file types that are uncommon and difficult to extract? It's like when people put a password on an album you're downloading from rapidshare, it's illegal anyway so why do they bother?

Advertisement