Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment holiday on credit card

Options
  • 31-03-2011 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi there, in the clause of my mastercard it says that the bank can give a payment holiday at its discretion and at the request of the cardholder.

I am running into financial difficulty and where I normally would be ok to meet my minimum repayments, this month I cannot. I have applied for a loan (it's not a huge balance to be honest but it's a minimum payment I will not make).

Is there anything I can do about this right now?

The bill is due out today and it will take a few more days for the loan application to be processed.

Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

I have a feeling you may be too late for a payment holiday if the bill gets issued today. Also, as it's at the banks discretion they may be reluctant to do so. I don't know for certain so I suppose you could just ring the bank and ask them.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I would also imagine it's too late to do anything for this month's payment.

Advertisement