Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shankill butchers

Options
  • 31-03-2011 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

JUST BEEN LISTENING TO RTE RADIO 1 AND THERE WAS A PIECE ABOUT THE SHANKILL BUTCHERS IN NORTHERN IRELAND.
    A DAUGHTER OF ONE OF THE VICTIMS WAS ON IT.
    HER FATHER BRUTALLY KILLED BY THESE EVIL MEN.

DECIDED I'D GOOGLE SHANKILL BUTCHERS AND READ UP ON IT AS I DIDN'T KNOW THE FULL STORY BUT WOULD OF HEARD ABOUT THEM. TO MY DISGUST I SEE A BAND FROM THE USA BY THE NAME 'THE DECEMERISTS' WROTE A SONG ABOUT THEM.

I WAS HORRIFIED TO HEAR IT, COULD YOU IMAGINE SOMEONE WRITING A SONG ABOUT THE TALIBAN AND 9/11 AND THEY'RE GOING TO GET YOU.
    THERE WOULD BE UPROAR IN THE STATES.

THE LADY THAT SPOKE, SPOKE WELL ABOUT HER FATHER AND WHAT HE WENT THROUGH. SHE SPOKE ABOUT HOW THE FAMILY TRIED TO COPE AND HOW DIFFICULT IT WAS EVEN AFTER ALL THESE YEARS.

SHE SPOKE ABOUT ONE DAY, 15 YEARS AFTER HER FATHER HAD BEEN BUTCHERED AND KILLED, SHE WAS DRIVING HOME FOR LUNCH AND SHE WAS STOPPED BY THE POLICE AND TOLD SHE HAD TO WAIT AS A FUNERAL PROCESSION WAS GOING PAST. IT WAS THE FUNERAL OF ONE OF THE MEN THAT TORTURED AND KILLED HER FATHER. SHE WAS IN BITS AND SHE JUST WANTED TO GET AWAY FROM IT ALL. SHE EVENTUALLY GOT HOME AND COULDN'T RETURN TO WORK SHE FELT SO SICK.

I HOPE SHE HASN'T HEARD YOUR SONG.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Of all the forum categories on "Boards" why did you pick the "Music" section to post this ? What has this to do with music. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kieran3

it's a song!!!

where would you have put it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,446 ✭✭✭Rigsby

kieran3 wrote: »
    it's a song!!!

where would you have put it?

You could have dwelt a little longer on the song itself, if it is in this section. The rest of your post is not suitable to a "Music" forum IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement