Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade Live - GGPO killer?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

I kinda like it, confusing interface but it has something I like which is the ability to save replays and convert them to movies. Better than FRAPS imo. I will use this for a while when not on GGPO. Been rinsing everyone on it now because AFAIK there is no one really from GGPO or good on it yet lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

sounds good, gonna get it now:D

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I've gotten it set up I think, looking forward to trying it out

The interface is a bit 1999, but the netcode seems spot on. Not having to set up ports is a serious plus as well, and the lobby system is cool. This may very well be able to take on GGPO.

We'll see, old 2DF was the best probably because of the way the lobbies worked, and replay archiving was ace. Also 2DF didn't require a good PC really. Personally I found on GGPO on my old PC, I would get mad lag regardless of game connection, on 2DF I didn't. I upgraded and now they both work fine. I know of a few other people who had the same problems. A lot more used old 2DF too before it went to ****. GGPO is the go to now, this seems good but I'm open minded about it, I can't see all the GGPO heads migrating but we'll see, of course I could be very wrong

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Me and D4RK had a session there, the netcode seems great. The interface was very confusing at first, we spent a while trying to add each other lol.

But it seems good enough to overtake GGPO

Really people want to go where other people play, so if it happens that a majority uses this then more than likely a lot will migrate. For now I'm going to use both

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

#IrishSF3 on QuakeNet :p

I totally did not just join that channel like an idiot. Nope! Not me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

• Advertisement

Pity the connection quality wasn't as good as the recording quality. Our GGPO matches showed me off a bit better :P

Also, COINBOS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

Just quick update GGPO is back and working, please download the latest build and check that your Adobe AIR is up to date

you dont need to challenge/accept some one consecutively,
    if you cant connect to someone, its a problem with you ports

my settings:
    9f389fd714ed45ddb5a0ebb.png

supercard and arcadelive etc, rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

This looks promising. Port forwarding put me off GGPO but this looks far simpler to set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Naphiel wrote: »
    This looks promising. Port forwarding put me off GGPO but this looks far simpler to set up.

That is port forwarding.

Advertisement