Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uk ME test

Options
  • 30-03-2011 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I applied for a job in a company in England and they got back asking me to do an online hour long test called a "UK ME test" but it's not a contract company doing the test, it's the company i applied to. Well the test is on their website anyway.

The guy who emailed me told me that the questions range from GSCE level to engineering degree level.

Im a bit concerned about this as an "engineering test" and as we all know that's a broad spectrum from which to choose questions. He said something about dynamics and stress analysis fundamentals but i really don't find that overly helpful.

Has anyone here done anything similar to this or even this test?

Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,910 ✭✭✭kirving

I haven't done one of those tests, but I did do something vaguely similar with general engineering questions. Well, it was more to do with my understanding of gears, forces, loadings, levers, dynamics, pressure and that kind of thing. The questions were asked in a very general way, and didn't even require any maths, but they definately tested my engineering knowledge. I wouldn't have been able to study for it either, just stuff I knew.

I can only imagine it'll be something similar you'll be doing because there's no way it can be very detailed with only an hour to complete it.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭MarcusFenix

Well I did it and....... holy god!

Id love to meet the guy who could answer those questions!
    Expected to know and calculate a wide range of stresses, resultant forces, and no. of gears to get a certain gear ratio and even specific stuff like what EN303(or something similar) meant!

Crazy stuff, but hey if they're looking for someone who can answer that kind of stuff off hand then im not right for them and their not right for me. On the plus side I got a call half way through to go for an interview Friday!:) it all kind of works out in the end!

Advertisement