Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HP Lovecraft comic adaptations

Options
  • 30-03-2011 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for Lovecraft inspired comics and particularly adaptations of his work into the Graphic Novel form.

can you recommended any?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Self-Made Hero did a very nice adaptation of At The Mountains Of Madness recently.

Beyond that, the only thing I've seen that was actually worth reading (IMO) was the Image miniseries "The Strange Adventures Of H P Lovecraft". There are an awful lot of Cthulhu-based comics out there, and a good few older adaptations, but the majority of them fail to capture any of the atmosphere or eerie dread that made Lovecraft's stories so enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭smokedeels

I checked out some of the artwork for "The Strange Adventures of H.P. Lovecraft" and from what I seen it looks great, I think I'll pick up a copy, even if the artwork turns out to be the only positive it would be worthwhile.

I'll read up on the Self Made Hero adaptation too.

thanks

Advertisement