Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it possible....

Options
  • 30-03-2011 1:04pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭

for a complete beginner to create a website that doesn't look like it was created by a complete beginner?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

What's your current line of work?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

for a complete beginner to create a website that doesn't look like it was created by a complete beginner?

Yep, use a nice CSS template. It might look a bit vague and generic, but should look well. If it's for a business, then I probably wouldn't try and skimp on it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

check out squarespace man, this might bemarketing at work as they sponsor almost all the podcasts I listen to but by the sounds of it they are exactly what you are looking for

they offer `click and drag design and let you get as creative as you want without using code and then later if you want to get into code you can do that as well. they have ready made plugins for all the major social netowrking sites and all the interactivity you want to engage your audience and if you happen to hit it big they have a way of monitoring your traffic so that the site always has enough resources to stay live and not crash under a heavy load

Note to self; become an affiliate for squarespace

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Thanks guys, I will look into those suggestions.

Current line of work is not related to the website and the website itself would not be viewed as a business venture. Just something for me to focus my attention on in my own time, it would just be related to a personal interest of mine.

So although I don't view it as a business I don't want it to look any less professional.

Advertisement