Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial question

Options
  • 30-03-2011 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the right place to ask.

I had a bad motorcycle accident at the weekend and not only did I survive miraculously, I was lucky enough to get away with just cuts, bruises and some whinging. I was transported by ambulance to CUH. I couldn't speak highly enough of everyone involved. It was like a well oiled machine. I'm very grateful for the care I was given.

The accident wasn't my fault and now there's the issue of insurance etc. This is an open and shut case and I just need to find out what I'm likely to be charged with regard to A&E aswell as ambulance. I'm pretty ignorant about how these things work I'm afraid.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭maglite

I think its the €100 A&E fee.

I have heard the ambulance can charge but I have never seen a bill for an incident like yours.

*Not in HSE employment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭Delancey

A friend of mine was in an RTA last year and got a bill for around 800 Euro , as far as I know the HSE now have a policy that costs of treating RTA patients should be claimed from insurance policies.
    Doubtless someone here will know for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I got the €100 A&E attendance bill through the post today. I had to speak to the ambulance people at the Kinsale Rd separately. Their charge is €87 for the first 25 miles and €4/ mile thereafter.

Thanks all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Don't worry about it, if the other involved party is at fault liability will be admitted on their behalf by the insurance company and you just pass the bill on to them.

Done the same in relation to a car crash myself. Got a fire service bill for around €600 and went up to XYZ insurance their office with the incident reference, handed over the bill and informed the local authority that posted it to me that XYZ insurance company would pay them as their client caused the accident and was responsible for the fact that lead to the fire service being called out.

Advertisement