Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

25 years of Pixar

Options
  • 30-03-2011 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭

Came across this on mashable.

A great melody mix of every pixar movie and short movie.
    At 22 this video has made me feel like a child again, a ton of memories surround these movies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

They announced a prequal to Monsters Inc this morning too, "Monster College" All major talent returning & Mike & Sully didn't like each other originally. The voice recording is already done, movie to be released xmas 2011 in the US & later here (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

iMax wrote: »
    They announced a prequal to Monsters Inc this morning too, "Monster College" All major talent returning & Mike & Sully didn't like each other originally. The voice recording is already done, movie to be released xmas 2011 in the US & later here (I think)

Thats pretty cool.

I know they said an older Boo was in TS3, so i was looking forward to seeing her in it, but a prequel could work a lot better.

I have and always will have the greatest respect for Pixar. They are a multi-billion dollar corporation, yet every single one of their projects, be it short or feature length movie, has more heart than anything I've ever seen before. With each movie they produce, they push the boundaries further and further. Their weakest effort, Cars, is still lengths ahead of any of their competitors.

Seen this a few months back and thought it was a fantastic doc:

The actual backstory of Pixars creator, John Lassiter, is one that i would nearly be sure will be told in a movie sooner rather than later.
    Going from being an animator on a few disney movies,(working a part time job in Disneyland) to having the idea to do 3d animation, to being fired from disney for being too "Radical and non-traditional" to starting up pixar and then being bought by Disney and now he is the number one guy when it comes to animation in Disney today!
    Its quite phenomenal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

Toy Story was released when I was 1. Toy Story 3 when I was 16.

These movies defined my childhood, every one of them.

Except for Cars, obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭denisor

Interesting discussion, Im nearly 40, and have appreciated the talent in Pixar since the start. The quality of animation is always forging new ground, equally the emotional responce's each release generate are always hitting the bullseye each time. I do wonder why some people dont rate "Cars" both here and in reality I have heard other people say its not their favourite, yet everyone who watched it again, agreed that it could actually be the best they have made, is it a slow burner?, I am curous why you guys don't rate it?

Personally, I think its a great story, well told, and the characters, animation and rendering are like nothing we have ever seen before. I cant wait for Cars 2 this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

<3 Pixar.

As far as I'm concerned everything they have created is gold. The beauty about them is that you can watch one of their films multiple times and on the 4th or 5th occasion, you're likely to find something new.

This has been knocking about for a good while, very funny though:

denisor wrote: »
    Interesting discussion, Im nearly 40, and have appreciated the talent in Pixar since the start. The quality of animation is always forging new ground, equally the emotional responce's each release generate are always hitting the bullseye each time. I do wonder why some people dont rate "Cars" both here and in reality I have heard other people say its not their favourite, yet everyone who watched it again, agreed that it could actually be the best they have made, is it a slow burner?, I am curous why you guys don't rate it?

Personally, I think its a great story, well told, and the characters, animation and rendering are like nothing we have ever seen before. I cant wait for Cars 2 this summer.

I would like to consider myself a Pixar fanatic.
    Ive spent money on getting a limited edition pixar lamp shipped to me, loads of blu rays of the movies that i havent even got a blu ray to watch them on,
    The toy story collection toys that were released last year, i could go on.

But i also thought Cars was one of the best they done. I read a friends thesis on animation movies and he came up with a very good point that Cars was released and marketed very heavily to younger kids. (between 4-10 year old boys.)
    Like when it was released 5 years ago i was 17 and for me and him anyway it seemed it was much more of a kids movie. and the merchandise they released for it reflected such.
    And i think thats how it was viewed by many my age at the time. Since then i think as it has been written into history as being another pixar 'classic' that element has been overlooked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

their first ever cartoon, knick knack was brilliant.

Advertisement