Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top of the Pops is back (old school style)

Options
  • 30-03-2011 11:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

BBC4 is turning the clock back to the summer of 76 on Friday as they launch an ongoing repeat of TOTP starting on Thursday at 7.30pm (naturally!) next week. The first edition is actually a repeat of what they'll be showing as part of Fridays programmes.

details here

8:30pm Big Hits: Totp 1964 to 1975
    1964 saw the birth of a very British institution. Spanning over four decades, Top of the Pops has pr... (read more)

10:00pm Top of the Pops: The Story of 1976
    The nation grew up with Top of the Pops and it was always a talking point, but 35 years ago a partic... (read more)

10:50pm Top of the Pops: 1976
    Classic Top of the Pops performances from 1976, featuring Abba, the Brotherhood of Man, the Beatles,... (read more)

11:20pm The True Story
    Jamie Theakston presents the history of Britain's best-loved music show, spanning four decades o... (read more)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bump for tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Was watching it the other night and this band came on. Never heard of them and I didnt recognise the main singer because he has changed so much until he opened his mouth

Beware you'll find yourself humming this song

• Registered Users Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭henryporter

Midge Ure I presume - I was the opposite; I recognised him but not the voice: maybe because its a bit Big Star as opposed to Ultravox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

actually caught the 1976 TOTP on late the other night, it was excellent... it was just band after band, song after song... really enjoyed it although it was mad to see how some people have aged while others seem timeless..

(just to be clear, no, I do not remember it from first time around :p might not even have been born for that matter, but not telling)

Advertisement