Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HACCP + Other Food Red Tape

Options
  • 30-03-2011 11:04am
    Site Banned Posts: 328 ✭✭

In the process of looking at starting my own food business, however the cost and bother associated with it seems to be huge, things like HACCP and the grease trap tax are big drains.

Anyone have any good advice before I start into it, or any good threads to point me to? Had a search but didn't turn up too much.

Thanks
    Mich

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

What type of food business is it?
    How much were you our quoted for your grease trap and HACCP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

HACCP is a legal requirement. And dont forget you are obliged to have full traceability on all your food also.
    Id advise going on a basic food safety course. Will save you a lot of hassle down the line.
    HACCP is not something you can buy off the shelf. Its a systematic approach to devising a system of work that addresses the intrinsic food safety hazards associated with YOUR business and the manner in whcih you operate.
    If you like..PM me at bit more detail about what you are thinking and I might be able to give you a steer on what a possible HACCP system could look like for your business.

Advertisement