Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to live in City Centre Dublin?

Options
  • 30-03-2011 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

HI there,

Moving to dublin in september for college in northside, but have a friend who works so will prob have to live in the city somewhere... any apartment areas around town I should aim for or avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

What are you looking for (night life, quiet, near park etc)? How much do you want to spend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭tomombo

silja wrote: »
    What are you looking for (night life, quiet, near park etc)? How much do you want to spend?

Somewhere that I'm close to the bus route to Ballymun Rd. Quiet for study but not too far from the craic either!!

Prob not much more than 900 p/m.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

If you're in DCU, then Drumcondra is the answer.
    Slap bang between DCU and City Centre.
    Rake of pubs, Croke Park and tons of student teachers...
    11 Bus route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

Zamboni wrote: »
    If you're in DCU, then Drumcondra is the answer.
    Slap bang between DCU and City Centre.
    Rake of pubs, Croke Park and tons of student teachers...
    11 Bus route.

+1

I lived in Drumcondra for years and loved it. I now live in Glasnevin (beside Botanic Gardens - bliss) and love it even more. Have never been happier. Close to DCU too.

SteoL wrote: »
    +1

I lived in Drumcondra for years and loved it. I now live in Glasnevin (beside Botanic Gardens - bliss) and love it even more. Have never been happier. Close to DCU too.

Thank again for your kind replies.

Of course I would see Drum as a perfect location. Just I don't know if my housemate would want to live that far out of town(i know its not THAT far). How much/far for bus to Dame St?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭SteoL

tomombo wrote: »

Of course I would see Drum as a perfect location. Just I don't know if my housemate would want to live that far out of town(i know its not THAT far). How much/far for bus to Dame St?

Depending on where you are in Drumcondra, if you are at the city end (I was) you could walk to Dame st in half hour maybe less. Bit further out and you would need the bus. Not sure of bus prices as I have an annual pass but can't imagine it would be that expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

tomombo wrote: »

€1.65 from the far end of Drumcondra (Griffith Avenue junction). Depending on traffic it's maybe 20 minutes? Not too bad anyway, bus lanes most of the way. Dorset St can be a bit of a bottleneck.

lainey316 wrote: »
    €1.65 from the far end of Drumcondra (Griffith Avenue junction). Depending on traffic it's maybe 20 minutes? Not too bad anyway, bus lanes most of the way. Dorset St can be a bit of a bottleneck.

Soft! No car for me anyway!

Advertisement