Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SkyHD + Samsung TV

Options
  • 30-03-2011 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Guys,
    Recently got Sky+ into the house and was working fine with my old ****ty tv. Got a Samsung flatscreen now but everytime I turn on the sky box it trips out the electrics in the whole apartment!! Anyone heard of this with Samsung tvs before or any ideas???
    Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi there. Welcome to boards.ie

I'm going to move your question to a forum where you should get an answer to your question.

HE General Mods: Moved from Newbies & FAQ with redirect expiring in 7 days. If inappropriate forum, can you please bounce back or advise? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jesse Custer

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Socket in the wall might be overloaded.
    Try plugging them into seperate sockets and see

have tried that alright but no joy,,
    wondering if could be a dodgy sky box?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Disconnect Sky Box from TV and see if it trips the supply when you turn it on.

• Advertisement

thanks,

sky box is turning on fine by itself (and is still working with my old telly)..the new telly likewise is working fine with the DVD player etc..I tried plugging them in on different sockets but as soon as I touch the scart or HD cable between two it trips....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Odd. Have you tried different cables?

yeah,,have tried the hd cable, a scart and then old cables with the red White and yellow little wires and all the same,,,I don't even get the connection in properly as it trips as soon as contact is made

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Sounds like it's the power surge causing the problem.

Would a surge protector extension lead work? Maybe someone else would know

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

It's an earthing problem I think. Are you in an apartment block with a shared dish by any chance ? If not was the Dish installed with the Sky+ box or was it an existing one ?

Is the Dish exclusively yours ? By this I mean are you the only person with a cable to it. Odd question I know but the installers sometimes slap another LNB on the dish to feed another box either in your premises or the next door over !!
    Are you using multiroom ? If so disconnect the cable from the rear of the second box and try again.

Of course it could be a fault with the TV or the set may have an earth connection in it's plug-top that usually isn't used on CRT tv sets hence why the old set worked ! This my be showing up another problem somewhere in your electrical system. Is it an old house with old wiring that had a new distribution board fitted ?

Also try removing all other connections from the equipment except those required to get a picture.

Ken

• Advertisement
Advertisement