Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exporting iTunes Library as MP3s

Options
  • 29-03-2011 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭

I'm a little confused, I am looking to export my iTunes library from my macbook pro to an external drive .. but as all MP3 files .. the library is about 8 years hold and has just about every file type in it.

I can't seem to find any way of doing this ....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I'm not to sure if you can do this maybe someone here might know of an app that can do this :)

Itunes uses AAC audio format instead of mp3 you could always convert them all but that would take alot of time .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

i would assume you'd set your audio to mp3 and choose the destination folder in your itunes prefs and then convert all the files to mp3. If theres many tracks, I assume it'll take ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

maccored wrote: »
    i would assume you'd set your audio to mp3 and choose the destination folder in your itunes prefs and then convert all the files to mp3. If theres many tracks, I assume it'll take ages.

it's about 40GB worth :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭Type 17

whippet wrote: »
    it's about 40GB worth :(

Set it going one evening, and leave it running through the night.

Advertisement