Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fonemenders are clueless.

Options
  • 29-03-2011 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Left my Galaxy S in to fonemenders last week with a broken screen. Informed them there was melted chocolate on the motherboard, but it is not an issue because the oils in the chocolate were not conductive. The phone has been operating chocolatized for months without an issue. The phone was dropped drunk, which lead to the screen smashing.

Aside from ignoring me until I rang to ask what was going on, their techies are idiots.

Knowing that the conductivity of vegetable oil (the only liquid in the chocolate that melted) is 0µS/cm (that means absolutely no conductivity) I asked them to continue to replace the screen having explained there was no other issue. Their tech that is apparently an official samsumg tech replied saying the phone is unfixable.

I fully expected the warranty to be voided, and didn't mind paying the 150 euro quoted, but due to severe incompetence on the manager's and techies' side they've lost a customer.

I took the phone down the road to GSM (slightly more expensive @ 185)
    who said that they would be happy to replace the screen, and promised to ignore all chocolate :-)

+1 for GSM.
    -1.6 billion for fonemenders.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

1.6 billion? That's a lot. Why not 1.5?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Sorry to bearer of bad news, but I sent my phone with broken screen (galaxy s also) to a company in sheffield (quick google should find them) sent on a monday, back in my hands on the Fri.

£40

I linked the website on this form earlier, on phone so can't get link atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 theelous3

Ah it's not the money, it's just the steadfast refusal to acknowledge the customer might actually know what he's talking about.

Won't do business with a company that doesn't respect it's clients.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Sounds like fonemenders alright ;)

Plenty of terrifying stories on boards from them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

I managed to avoid that shower of cowboys and went with fonefunshop.co.uk

I wouldnt be in any hurry to fault them. quick and a great job

100gbp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Steodonn

I sent them my phone with a broken screen about three weeks ago

I am still waiting on my phone back. Fonemenders used to be great last two times I used them. Now they don't even reply to my emails or answer my calls :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Steodonn wrote: »

I am still waiting on my phone back. Fonemenders used to be great last two times I used them. Now they don't even reply to my emails or answer my calls :mad:

Maybe their phone is broken...?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 theelous3

Steodonn wrote: »

Go in and beat some ass.

Advertisement