Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Commission only jobs

Options
  • 29-03-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. I am looking at a commission only job. I had worked for almost ten years before losing my job and am currently on my stamps. I was wondering what happens if I don't make enough sales? Can the social welfare still help me out? I have bills to pay each week and can't go without any money. Would love some advice please thanks.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭krd

Hi. I am looking at a commission only job. I had worked for almost ten years before losing my job and am currently on my stamps. I was wondering what happens if I don't make enough sales? Can the social welfare still help me out? I have bills to pay each week and can't go without any money. Would love some advice please thanks.

This is a kind of newish thing in Ireland - it's very common in the US. There have been people doing it for years - selling insurance or ad sales for papers. The commission has to be good, and you should know if you can make it - if it's not enough to support you, or pay minimum wage there's no point in doing it.

Be aware - there's lots of dodgy operators out there. I've worked on commission before and the f'ckers did not pay up.

Give it a try - you'll find out fast enough. If you're good, and your client is straight and paying a good commission you can make very good money.

Advertisement