Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sony handcam dcr hc 18e

Options
  • 29-03-2011 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I need some help got a camera no software or driver i went to sony and got nothing back off them i need driver software,downloaded two seperate ones didnt work because my os is vista any help would be great...... this my 1st post so if its in the wrong place sorry lol.....
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Not sure it needs a driver per-say. It has a Firewire connector that plugs into your computer which should allow whatever software you are using to control the camera and upload/download DV from it.

I have a similar camera to yours connected to a Mac and it required no drivers. It's usually the editing software that decides whether a particular camera is supported or not.

Does your computer have a Firewire (iLink/IEEE1394) connector ?

Ken

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mcirish

thought so too but plug it all in nothing happens well annoyed about now lol its not much use to me if i cant upload anything i get nothing absolutely zero comes up when i connect it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

That's not unusual !! The video editing software should sense the camera and allow control. If you're hoping that the camera shows up as a memory card or drive of some sort then I'm afraid you'll be disappointed.

Newer SD card recorders might allow this function but to have the same effect on a tape unit the computer would need to scan the entire tape in order to display a list of video files, totally impractical as DV doesn't have a table of contents or fast access like a FAT formatted memory card would.

Have you tried firing up movie maker which comes with windows ? I don't know if it's capable of this function in the way iMovie, Final Cut or Adobe Premier are. Maybe someone more familiar with Windows might know ? I think there's an application called Ulead Video Studio that can do this, I'm sure Google will help you learn more about it's specs.

Ken

Advertisement