Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Essay/assignment results

Options
  • 29-03-2011 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Just wondering is there a certain amount of time that lecturers must have essays and assignments corrected and given back to students?

I know in some colleges that there is a time frame that results must be given back, but no idea what the deal is for UCC. I've been waiting for both an essay and an assignment back fromone lecturer for 4 months now and would like to know what I got before taking the exam. I just emailed the lecturer now, but it would be handy to know if there is an obligation for them to return results.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 340 ✭✭FluffyCat

Ive never gotten results for stuff like that in any of the colleges ive been in. I just took it that the lecturer would contact me if there was a problem.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Don't think there is an obligation to hand the stuff back - I;m not sure in other courses, but I know with us that we have to fill in a department cover sheet and most of the time they'll give us a back a copy of the cover sheet with the grade and comments - but it could be the summer before we get them back. We do get the assignments back after a year, I'm in third year, I'll be getting back my second year assignments tomorrow, have the results since last summer. I don't think they can physically give them back to you until an external examiner looks at them and ensure that the assignments are being given correct marks, not marking them too easy or too hard

Do you mean the actual mark or the mark as well as the script with feedback?

They can give you back their result and the assignment before an external examiner approves them, it's just it will be a provisional result until the external examiner approves the mark.

I'd say they can take as long as they want with the issuing of results but will obviously need to have assignments graded in time for the Summer exam board meetings in June.

And even at that you might just get your overall result in June so if you still don't get it then. the best thing would be to view your scripts in June to see breakdown of aggregate marks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Censorsh!t

Yeah I meant just the results, not necessarily the scripts.

I've sorted it out anyway, I emailed the lecturer to ask and he said they'd be back before the exams.

Advertisement