Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick question - Image hosting

Options
  • 29-03-2011 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've been reading a lot on marketing email campaigns and have created a html email which is ready to be sent out.(it works well on all email clients)

I've read that I should put the images in the email on a server and link to the images, but I am yet to find any good reasons for this.

Someone said that the images will be sent as attachments but all experiments I've carried out have seen the images show fine.

Can anyone enlighten me?

My total email size comes to something like 34kb's btw

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Call them from the server. If they are embedded and get stripped out, they are gone. In the likelihood that the images called from the server are blocked, they can usually be unblocked. Personally, I don't ever use more than one image in any mailshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Aye that makes sense alright.

The email which is being sent out is a kind of informative newsletter which is somewhat wordy and so we're trying to break up the text with images.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

I, myself, would only put images in where very necessary, but if you really want to, fire away.

Advertisement