Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Which Honda garage?

Options
  • 29-03-2011 10:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi,
    I have bought CR-V '07 and want to do descent service on it.
    Could you recommend (or discourage :)) any of these Honda garages that are around me:
    Des D'Arcy Motors Ltd. in Swords
    Gowan Navan Road Honda on Navan rd, D15
    Newgate Motor Co Ltd in Navan

Thanks for the comments.

Regards,
    Algis
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have used Gowan for a proper service. Not cheap but it I don't think it was a rip off either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

It doesn't need to be a Honda garage to get the correct servicing done surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭francis1978

how about jc campbell up in rostrevor, northern ireland ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭garhjw

i wouldn'r recommend clonskeagh motors. My mother and my friend had very negative experiences there in terms of being quoted 1 price for the service over the phone when all the work was complete and then being quoted a higher amount when they went to collect the car.

However, i can't criticise the quality of the work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

Algis78 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have bought CR-V '07 and want to do descent service on it.
    Could you recommend (or discourage :)) any of these Honda garages that are around me:
    Des D'Arcy Motors Ltd. in Swords
    Gowan Navan Road Honda on Navan rd, D15
    Newgate Motor Co Ltd in Navan

Thanks for the comments.

Regards,
    Algis

I'd go with Gowan's. I used to use Tom Canavan's before they close/switched/change to Ford. I've used Gowan's a few times with no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭jayok

It doesn't need to be a Honda garage to get the correct servicing done surely?

Nope, it doesn't and a 07 is no longer in warranty. But I've priced an independent vs main dealer prices for a full service on our car and the difference wasn't that significant (€240 vs €200). If you want something Honda specific done, a main dealer is more useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Algis78

jayok wrote: »
    Nope, it doesn't and a 07 is no longer in warranty. But I've priced an independent vs main dealer prices for a full service on our car and the difference wasn't that significant (€240 vs €200). If you want something Honda specific done, a main dealer is more useful.

Thanks guys. Will try Gowan's.
    Why I'm looking for honda garage? First of all planing to keep car for a while and want to get done proper checkup and service.
    Regarding independant vs dealer garage I had expierence with toyota before. I had oil leak througth the spacer between engine and automatic gearbox. Two garages quoted over 1000 euro as "a lot of work to do", when Ashbourne Toyota dealer garage quoted 400 euro. Probably they knew how to do it ;)

Thanks for responses. Will let you know about the experience with Gowan's.

Regards,
    Algis

• Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

Stay away from Gowan's.

They did a bad job on my car, after hassling from me they acknowledged the work was poor, and gave me a partial refund. I will be going to Universal Honda about it when I get the time.

On top of that they talk down to you.

My recommendation would be find a local mechanic who is well respected and bring it to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭scoobymunster

^^ Your username would make a goodname for a chipper(albeit tacky but still)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭LH2011

how about jc campbell up in rostrevor, northern ireland ?

i know someone that uses Jc Campbell in Rostrevor, and has been going there for a couple of years, much cheaper than honda dealers down here, and more customer focused so i am told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

I've used des darcys and found them great

Advertisement