Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer Heading to Perth or Melbourne ??

Options
  • 29-03-2011 10:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

Im looking for some advice on where to go in Australia, :confused:
    I have been planning this for a little while now and have just been made redundant this week so its time to put the wheels in motion.

I have been working as a Building Services Engineer and have 17Months Experience since college.
    I have a working holiday Visa and i am looking to start work in Oz ASAP,

I was looking at heading to Perth or Melbourne and was wondering if anybody could tell me what the Construction Sector is like there at the moment?
    the type of work i do involves design of Ventilation, Air conditioning systems for commerical projects.

I would really appreciate any info on this as i need to make a decision over the next week or 2.

Thanks,
    Brillo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

Welcome to boards , I know jack about the construction game. But we are not short on engineers someone will be along.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Radiotower

If I was you, I'd get over there and do the regional work for 3 months to qualify for staying the extra year, then look at getting into your profession. At least then you should have a few dollars saved up and the option of staying for an extra year. Do not go over and try stick it out in a city waiting to get the job of your dreams!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 oldpiedpiper

Given the mining sector in WA - I there is usually more construction work going in Perth than Melbourne.

You could also look at Qld as the flooding has created construction jobs there.

Advertisement