Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eugene McCabe on Eileen Battersby

Options
  • 29-03-2011 9:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭

From a letter in today's Irish Times:
    We were all privileged to read Ms Battersby’s ghost story in The Irish TimesMagazine a few months ago. It was a revelation. Sentence by sentence, paragraph by paragraph, it was the worst piece of creative writing I have ever read in a long life of reading. Truly. Stunningly bad. I have used it in a workshop as an example of how to avoid writing “Sh*te and onions”. That this person has the temerity to sit in negative judgment on one of the great masters of Irish writing should not pass without comment

Has anybody read this ghost story or got a link to it?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

This kind of thing is not suitable for this forum. I'm locking this until I find a suitable place for it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement