Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to use Damp Meter in Motorhome ?

Options
  • 29-03-2011 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I want to give my motorhome a once over and I've just order this damp meter on Amazon : Clicky Linky

Do I just place the 2 probes against the wall in different areas and take readings ?
    The thing that confuses me is that a lot of the damp meters have what look like 2 prongs with points on the top - surely I don't push them into the wall (and make small holes with them) to take readings ?

Anyhow - any advice as to how to use the meter and where I should specifically check would be great !

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

That one comes with a probe. You don't push it into tue wood you just press it against it and it will take a measurement. Best place to start looking would be in the corners, hard to reach places and around seams

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

OK - Thanks.
    So it will take a reading through the inside "skin" on the walls ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I'd say so. If its wet it'll soak into the wall coverings.

Though Aidan_M_M will be able to advise better

• Registered Users Posts: 4,183 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

OK. The wall coverings are kind of wipeable so I didn't think they would soak up much...
    I'll play around with it when I get it anyhow and see how I get on.

Advertisement