Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sad day for music...the Bluetones announce split

Options
  • 29-03-2011 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

a brilliant and seriously under-rated band. they never quite got the mainstream success they deserved for their music. their last album "a new athens" was many critics album of the year. i suppose they had no choice to split really. most of the easily manipulated youth of today buy into the the superficial commercialized manufactued rubbish churned out by the big record companies and tv shows such as x-factor. sad sad day for music

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭teekayd25

Have some of their stuff, must try and catch up with the more recent output some time.

Bit of a downer to see them split, but I guess they had a good run all things considered.

They'll probably be remembered for "Slight Return", although there was slightly more to them than just that. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭Android 666

32_4_1 wrote: »
    a brilliant and seriously under-rated band. they never quite got the mainstream success they deserved for their music. their last album "a new athens" was many critics album of the year. i suppose they had no choice to split really. most of the easily manipulated youth of today buy into the the superficial commercialized manufactued rubbish churned out by the big record companies and tv shows such as x-factor. sad sad day for music

I don't think you can real blame the X Factor for the fact a mediocre band didn't make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭GoldenTickets

32_4_1 wrote: »
    sad sad day for music

Can't believe this, I'm just about holding it together here...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,369 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

They were good in their day, although like many a successful Britpop era band their day was way back in the 90's in the minds of most.

Here's a good tune from them...

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

I'm broken hearted here.

Hope they set up a helpline for the truly devastated.

*I liked a few of their songs, Edgar Wright directed some of their videos too...

• Advertisement
Advertisement