Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Masters in Accounting

Options
  • 28-03-2011 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭

Anyone on here do it? Any info on what the course is like, size of class, difficulty of modules, etc?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gabbytheking

Course is hard. Is a good experience before FAE or ACCA finals. Project work is massive. Definitely would recommend if going for ACCA as will give a much better foundation than the degree. I know loads of smart people who really struggled with ACCA after the degree but 2 in the masters passed first time relatively at ease.

In general a good course, hard work though!!

Size of class is very small. Although numbers may have improved since I sat it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭gabbytheking

Just wanted to say one final thing which I originally forgot to post. As you probably know you get extra exemptions from Chartered and can sit your fae after 1 year. What a friend of mine did was Sit ITI P2 exams in Y1 of Contract Sit FAE in Year 2 of contract and sit P3 ITI in Y3 thereby being a qualified Tax adviser and Chartered Accountant at the end of his contract with all the experience. My employer wasn't so generious but Big 4 will definitely pay for it. Similarly you can sit Certified in Y1 OR 2 ACCA.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Was just wondering if any of you two could give me information about the course? is the continuous assessment exams or projects? Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3 mucks65

anyone know the general intake for this course? are they strict about having a 2.1 from your degree?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

mucks65 wrote: »
    anyone know the general intake for this course? are they strict about having a 2.1 from your degree?

There is 19 in the class this year. No they arent too strict about the 2.1 but would like to see a high 2.2 I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement