Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working hours

Options
  • 28-03-2011 11:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am contracted to work 39 hours per week, since I started the job I have worked 50 plus without extra pay as it was needed. I have asked for my hours to be reduced and have been told if I don't like it I can leave as they will get someone else to do it.

I know no one can be made work more than 48 hours per week but does this still apply as I had been doing it before?

I fear that if I insist on working my contracted hours they will find some way of getting rid of me. They did this with another girl before when she refused to work Saturdays as her contract stated Mon-Fri.
    The basically pulled her up for every infringment that they could find, even stooping as low as timing her toilet breaks and giving her a warning for it, giving her a warning for leaving early on Friday to attend a school sports day, (she had 50+ hours worked that week).
    Any help,
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Get out of there as soon as you can. They will work you until you burnout and then sack you anyway.

These people are scum bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Get out quick, there's no hope. honestly.

Your not there long enough to make a stand and try leave at you contracted time. If you do they will just fire you under your probation. Even if you do last the 6 months probation at 50 hrs a week, they will fire you because you questioned them.

Advertisement