Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back protector level for Pony Club?

Options
  • 28-03-2011 9:32pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know the minimum standard for Pony Club please?Trying to kit out the god-children.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,271 ✭✭✭✭fits

As far as I'm aware, its always level three for cross country. You should be able to check it out on the pony club website though.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Thanks, Fits,hoping once they get goiong a bit that they can start taking Bob to a rally or two,but want them to have back protectors anyhow.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭marlie2005

I'd also say purple label, level 3.
    Just had a look at the pony club web-site and can't see it displayed anywhere..
    As far as i rem purple label , level 3 is the highest protection at the moment.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,482 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Found it after a long root around on the site, you're both correct,thanks. Off to Berneys with girlies in tow next week hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭twomeys

Hi

Your all right its Level 3 BETA 2009 tested. Be aware though there is one body protector being sold at the moment for very cheap and its not normally cheap and this is due to shops having large amounts of them and the word in the industry is that it will not pass the testing this year by BETA. I wont give out the details here as it is only industry talk but if anyone needs help with body protectors we are BETA qualified and will always help people as best we can (you can PM for info). The main thing is to be safe. Its important not to buy these or hats online as if its not BETA fitted its not fitted. We heard of a terrible incident a while back of a person that was seriously injured because of their safety wear. Its horrible to think the thing that should save you can actually kill you if fitted wrong.

anyways on a lighter note I hope ye have a great time at the pony club its such a great hobby.

Thanks

<snip>

• Advertisement

All sorted,thanks, went to TRI for a finish and the girls there were excellent with fitting etc.

Ah that's great. You'll feel much more relaxed now. All the staff in TRI woul be great I'm sure. Actually one of the girls who use to work there is now a rep that calls to us and in fairness she couldn't do enough for you so if she's any sign of the staff up there it's a good sign!!!

The girls probably told you but if your going to pony club either put the body protector on the back window or down in the foot well with the heat on and this will soften the protector and make it much easier an more comfortable to put on and it'll mould to the shape of the body faster.

Enjoy the Pony's!!!

Eoghan
    Twomeys horse and country.

Thanks Eoghan, familar with riding club, so used to back protectors. Dilemma now, one cob (mine) and two children!!

Hmmm that is a Dilemma alright, less children or more horses which to choose, which to choose!!! I dont envy you :P. Maybe you could find a loan animal, loads of that happening down here its very handy...

Great week for being out there, hope the weather holds out for ye!

Eoghan

Advertisement