Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage question

Options
  • 28-03-2011 8:05pm

Hi Guys,
    Just looking for some information regarding my apartment. I recently have started to go into arrears and I’ve tried my best to look for a positive solution. I have done some of the maths and have concluded that it would be better to sell at a loss and get on with my life lol that of course if i can sell ;)
    So my current mortgage is 200,000 and i have done some research and it looks like I could get around 150,000. So I would lose 50,000. Would the banks be willing to come to some sort of agreement regarding this loss? Like I pay 30,000 in a long term loan and they write of a 20,000.

suggestions are very welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Hi Guys,
    Just looking for some information regarding my apartment. I recently have started to go into arrears and I’ve tried my best to look for a positive solution. I have done some of the maths and have concluded that it would be better to sell at a loss and get on with my life lol that of course if i can sell ;)
    So my current mortgage is 200,000 and i have done some research and it looks like I could get around 150,000. So I would lose 50,000. Would the banks be willing to come to some sort of agreement regarding this loss? Like I pay 30,000 in a long term loan and they write of a 20,000.

suggestions are very welcome

Firstly i would not base your calculations on a write off from the bank at all as more than likely this will not happen so plan as if it wont if you do end up selling?

Have you engaged with the lender at options to try get back on track?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭bailes

You need to talk to your mortgage provider, i assume it is your home so they are obliged to give you options on rectifying the problem.
    It is in your best interests to do something as it will affect your Credit Bureau rating and therefore your ability to borrow into the future.
    I wouldn't count on the bank writing off any debt as their official line is that they will not entertain it, however it really depends on what bank it is, more details might help!!
    Are you sure €150k is your nett sale proceeds, you may need to look at the figures again

Advertisement