Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Outsourced job - long hours

Options
  • 28-03-2011 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭

Job in the process of being outsourced. Currently doing long hours. 8 to 6 sometimes later with a 20 min lunch at the desk.

A couple of weeks after being told the job was going they've asked me to do another role by myself within the team that had always been done by 2 people. I don't see it possible to do this job unless youre there till 7 and right now ive no interest in that as I'm studying at night and have lots to do between now and the exam. Guy meant to be doing the job with me has walked away and is currently out on personal leave. No one knows for how long as they're not telling us. He like us all was under pressure and it speaks volumes he's walked away.

The fact that the job is being outsourced is meant to be a good thing as other jobs are coming in and there are to be no redundancies. The jobs coming in are meant to be better jobs but from my experience from what happened last year they were a disaster!

Should I do the long hours most likely fail my exams or should I say no I'm not doing the new role by myself and risk redundancy?

Advertisement