Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Insurance for 150 year old house?

Options
  • 28-03-2011 4:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭

Myself and my partner have just bought a new (old) Victorian terraced house. It's approx 150 years old. It's in reasonable condition and we intend to re-wire, re-plumb, insulate and damp-proof and knock down internal walls. I currently live next door and am insured with a well know insurer. When I rang to get a quote for the new house today I was told they don't insure houses that old :confused:. I said 'you insure me and I live next door' but was told they aren't taking on new business for old houses. My partner had her previous house insurance with them and we both have our car insurance with them. :mad: Rang another well-known company to be told the same thing? Has anyone managed to get insurance recently for an old house? I wouldn't mind but these houses are far better built than many of the rubbish properties for sale today!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

BOI will quote for a house that age once it has been re-roofed re-wired and re-plumbed

Advertisement