Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recurve sights

Options
  • 28-03-2011 2:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hello, im currently using a cartel championship sight on my bow, i see all the really good people at comps using the more expensive sights, could you tell me if the more expensive sights are better,and also which ones you'd recommend as im thinking of buying a new one this summer. Currently shoot a samick vision with 28 lb limbs :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Mr X15

The difference with the more expensive sights is precision and build quality. Your cartel sight there has a threaded side to the sight rail and a screwthread to move your sight up and down. It also has a micro adjust for the left - right movement of the pin. These are good features don't get me wrong, and for the cost of the sight they are worth it.

However with the more expensive sights you tend to get better adjustment capability. Instead of a free turning thread system you get click increments. This allows you to make measured and precise changes to the elevation and windage (up and down and left and right) meaning you can move say 1 click and have the pin move 1/4mm which might mean a half inch difference on the target at 18m, 1 inch at 30m etc. (all figures pulled out of my head of course)

This kind of adjustment makes a world of difference in competition and at longer distances. The build quality is another thing. Next time you get a chance have a good look at one of your friends expensive sights! You'll see where some of the money went in terms of finish and feel.

Hope I've helped! By the way, Samick vision is a lovely bow for the price, good choice! Have mine in blue with 40lb limbs myself :D

Edit: Weight isn't really too much of a factor for most people, unless you really need/want to shave the grams. I haven't included that in my post because I don't think it's really too much of an issue. You won't feel 50grams of a difference unless you've injured yourself or haven't been shooting for a while! You won't feel 10 at all IMHO

Advertisement