Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

To change or not to change...

Options
  • 28-03-2011 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I was looking for some advice.
    I have an iphone (3gs)
    I'm considering changing for an android alternative (htc desire or new nexus)
    I'm happy enough with the iphone but the lack of flash content, stunted bluetooth and general compatablity issues really annoy me.
    Has anyone out there made the change. Are they happy or wish they'd stuck with apple.
    One thing apple has going for it is a snappy speed. I saw a desire hd yesterday and the screen felt a little sticky-jumpy when scrolling at high speeds. More so than my 3gs?
    Any recommendations?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Not sure if its worth changing for the sake of it but you might like something like the Samsung Galaxy S. Does everything brilliantly imo, can't fault it.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭bd250110

My experience (both as an iPhone user and working in a phone-shop) is that people do not transition well from iOS to Android. I went from 3G to HTC Desire, which was put back in it's box after a fortnight, I kept the 3G until the 4 came out last summer.

iOS exists in a very controlled environment, but that results in high quality apps, that do not crash or freeze the phone, give superior battery life and a class-leading user experience.
    Android is much more "open" - although becoming less so - this has it's downsides, but it is more individual and can be relatively easily tailored.

Trust me, you do not want flash on your mobile device. My experience is that it is horribly laggy, drains system resources and crashes the Android browser every few pages. I turned it off on my Desire.

For me the iPhone feels like a well though-out product, everything works well together, Android is more of a piece-meal project, menus behave inconsistently throughout, the Market is full of cloned software and/or malware. See if you can borrow a friend's droid, a quick play in a shop will not be enough time to make a good comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭afishyfish

Great Reply. Thanks bd.
    I'll stick with the iphone (for now)
    Even if it means having to mask my contempt for the apple corp.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭afishyfish

2 years on.... I went for a Htc sensation running android. Gave it 12-18 months and decided iOS was better.
    Now using Iphone 5 and couldn't be happier.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,393 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

afishyfish wrote: »
    2 years on.... I went for a Htc sensation running android. Gave it 12-18 months and decided iOS was better.
    Now using Iphone 5 and couldn't be happier.

To each their own I suppose. Thank Jesus that we live with all this lovely choice :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement