Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car Bomb in Derry Masonic Lodge?

Options
  • 28-03-2011 1:31pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭

The first reports I heard about the car bomb in Derry last night said it was in the car park of Derry Masonic lodge. Since then all reports have said that it was 'near the courthouse'.

Anyone got any conspiracy theories about it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭uprising2

yekahS wrote: »
    The first reports I heard about the car bomb in Derry last night said it was in the car park of Derry Masonic lodge. Since then all reports have said that it was 'near the courthouse'.

Anyone got any conspiracy theories about it?

DemonSpawn got his free bus pass?

Derry courthouse bomb could have killed say police
    "If a bomb such as this had gone off it would have killed or seriously injured people," he said.
    "It would have caused substantial damage to nearby property; to the courthouse, to the Masonic Hall, to the Deanery, to other residents.
    "It would have probably damaged the residential home, Alexander House.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-12877789

A PSNI spokeswoman said bomb disposal officers had carried out a number of controlled explosions on the vehicle which was left in a car park near Derry’s Masonic Hall.
    http://www.ireland.com/news/security-alert-in-derry-city/599430

I'd say it was more stategic, killing a few (establishment) birds with one stone (bomb), hoping to cause damage to the masonic hall, the court house and whatever else was in close proximity, so the court house and masonic hall must be next door with a little tunnel connecting the 2.

StreetView

Going by that street view I'd say the car was parked in the carpark across the street from the courthouse and a masonic building (b) beside the courthouse and another masonic building beside the carpark (c).

EDIT:
    That street view is wrong, the masonic hall is directly facing the courthouse, the red building in the pic in my next post the carpark, if (c) is a freemason building aswell then the carpark is between 2 masonic buildings and facing the courthouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Why must there be a tunnel connecting the two?

Why must there be a tunnel connecting the two?

Most old building's like that would have been connected by underground tunnels. Most are blocked up, but it would make an better way for members of the court service establishment who are also freemasons to travel between both buildings, an escape route for either if the sh1t hits the fan.

And this that I just googled

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Secret Tunnels[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Since the 1960s, a number of tunnel-like structures unearthed at various locations within the walled city, eg East Wall, Shipquay Street, the Diamond, Bishop Street and St Columb's Cathedral, have fuelled speculation about the existence of underground passages. However, conclusive proof that these discoveries are part of an overall network of tunnels traversing the city remains elusive.[/FONT]
    http://www.derryswalls.com/hist-tunnels.html

Hall%20Bishop%20St
    http://www.inch589.org.uk/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

demonspawn done it:pac:

So you're making it up? It's only a Freemason Hall in recent times, it was actually a Bishops House.

• Advertisement

So you're making it up? It's only a Freemason Hall in recent times, it was actually a Bishops House.

Well I'm assuming, so I suppose yes I'm making a learned guess, and it being a bishops house means what exactly?.

And I suppose if I tried I could find something to show there are or were underground tunnels that would have connected these two buildings.
    But for what?, to spend 4 pages of nothing distracting from the topic at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I believe that a group of scumbag retards conspired to plant a bomb with the intention of drawing attention to their 'cause'.

uprising2 wrote: »
    Well I'm assuming, so I suppose yes I'm making a learned guess, and it being a bishops house means what exactly?.

You were the one surmising that the tunnel was constructed so Freemasons could flee if the sh*t hit the fan.
    And I suppose if I tried I could find something to show there are or were underground tunnels that would have connected these two buildings.

Might be an idea, before you start throwing out there that the buildings are connected, and the tunnel is there for because they're both Freemasons and Court officials, which you've no proof of either.

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

Funnily enough Fenianism itself is masonic in origin.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,059 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Its just a bunch of people who have so far tried to blow up a blast proof wall and ruined a number of business's trying to get attention to their cause.

That car park is across the street from the court house and beside an old army look out point

• Advertisement

Funnily enough Fenianism itself is masonic in origin.

And for a few years now I've suspected that at some level of the republican movement that the secret societies have influence.

I have a theory that I won't be going into or spending any time on, but I came to the conclusion a few years ago that the 26 counties were "given back" as part of a freemasonic deal, but it's mostly hunch and circumstantial evidence, maybe someday when I have time I'll start a thread on it.
    Actually here's a piece:
    Quote:
    This means that deValera did indeed go to great lengths to present himself as a Catholic, while, as we know,
    (especially by his clear Masonic handshake: http://anthonyhmura.blogspot.com/2011/02/west-ern-hunt-for-thornbird-is-on.html)
    that deValera's true "religious" devotions were to Judeo-Freemasonry, in keeping with his Sephardic-Jewish ancestry. He was probably B'nai B'rith, since he was Jewish, and had NY connections.

For deValera, the secrecy aspect is clear. deValera tried to pawn himself off, as an especially devout Catholic, when in fact he was not only of Sephardic heritage (blood), but of Judeo-Masonic devotion - probably even in the exclusively Jewish B'nai B'rith branch of Judeo-Freemasonry.
    http://theinfounderground.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=14036&start=0

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Does anybody actually know DeV's heritage?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

You were the one surmising that the tunnel was constructed so Freemasons could flee if the sh*t hit the fan.

Might be an idea, before you start throwing out there that the buildings are connected, and the tunnel is there for because they're both Freemasons and Court officials, which you've no proof of either.

Paintdoctor, dont get too hung up on "so the court house and masonic hall must be next door with a little tunnel connecting the 2", which was mostly tongue in cheek and wasn't meant to be taken so seriously as solid proof fact, although having been in quite a few below ground level floors of many old victorian and georgian buildings in Dublin city centre and a few in Istanbul, and in the link I added a few posts back showing underground tunnels do infact exist under Bishop Street, Derry, it is not an idea that popped into my head out of the blue.
    Most cities in the world would have underground tunnels, with access to other buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Paintdoctor, dont get too hung up on "so the court house and masonic hall must be next door with a little tunnel connecting the 2", which was mostly tongue in cheek and wasn't meant to be taken so seriously as solid proof fact, although having been in quite a few below ground level floors of many old victorian and georgian buildings in Dublin city centre and a few in Istanbul, and in the link I added a few posts back showing underground tunnels do infact exist under Bishop Street, Derry, it is not an idea that popped into my head out of the blue.
    Most cities in the world would have underground tunnels, with access to other buildings.

They probaly are connected by tunnel it wouldnt be unusual.Sligo courthouse and garda are connected by tunnel ,then that tunnel goes all the way to the old Sligo goal.The courthouse and the police station are more or less right across the road from each other the goal is about 800m away

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

They probaly are connected by tunnel it wouldnt be unusual.Sligo courthouse and garda are connected by tunnel ,then that tunnel goes all the way to the old Sligo goal.The courthouse and the police station are more or less right across the road from each other the goal is about 800m away

It's a historic thing and makes sense. Sometimes prisons were linked to courthouses.

I think that may have been the case in Belfast, that's my recollection from reading a few books on the North. Prisoners would have been on remand or indeed interned so it made sense linking them together.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

I believe the British government is planting these bombs in order to hand back the north and pretend they had to.

Advertisement