Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving job, holiday pay owes

Options
  • 28-03-2011 11:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I handed in my weeks notice on Friday just gone. I've been working in the business for about 9 months as an area manager. I haven't taken any time off the whole time I'm working here apart from some days over Christmas when the business was closed. In the last few weeks before Christmas I was told they didn't have enough money to pay the holiday pay, it was loosely agreed it would be paid by the end of spring. Accounts say it comes to about 1200. I had to borrow money to get through the Christmas/New Years period. Anyway, there is probably a little more than 1200 owing as I've not taken any days off.

Would I be right in saying that they are legally obliged to pay me my holiday pay? I'm PAYE by the way obviously. I don't think they'd have the money to pay it all back next week when I leave but maybe I could suggest paying it over 3 weeks. I should also mention that this is not an amicable split so there is a little bit of bad blood there between us.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

From this page:
    If you are leaving a job you are entitled to receive payment for any outstanding annual leave and public holidays due to you.

Advertisement