Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Fav Team

Options
  • 28-03-2011 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Been looking for a new Fav team and driver since Jordan ceased to exist and and Michael Schmuacher retired. I know he is back, but it doesn't feel the same to me. I dont know why and no, its not because he isn't winning.

At the weekend I felt a pull towards Sauber ( whom I always liked), and Kobayashi, so Kobayashi and Sauber are my new favs :-)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

thegoth wrote: »
    I dont know why and no, its not because he isn't winning.

For me, it's not necessarily because he isn't winning, but because he hasn't done anything remotely impressive since he returned. He's like a different driver; a very ordinary one who - given the right car - might win a race. In 1996, he won three races in a car that barely deserved to be anywhere near the podium. Maybe he'll win again, but the magic is gone.

Williams has always been my favourite team, but they seem to be very slowly going the same way as Brabham and Tyrrell. This year's car may be an improvement, but their driver line-up isn't great. They really need a star driver (Webber) and a decent engine (Renault). And soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

After cool-Kimi is off, I m for Rosberg, he is fast and technically clever too, would deserve better car. I m for his first win this season.

Also Kobayashi defo entertaining driver from time to time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Renault for me. I followed them with Alonso and then with Kubica. I like Petrov aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Ive never followed a "team" as such or a driver besides Irish drivers. For me, its the racing and I want to see good races with plenty of overtaking and action. But, I have to say I do have soft spots for Rubens and Williams and also Kobayashi and Sauber.

Ild also like to see Webber become world champion and see Rubens win the Brazilian GP just to see his reaction. Ild probably start crying from seeing all his tears. Its not going to happen especially with team orders but I would love if Massa finished higher than Alonso in the pecking order.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

RayM wrote: »
    For me, it's not necessarily because he isn't winning, but because he hasn't done anything remotely impressive since he returned. He's like a different driver; a very ordinary one who - given the right car - might win a race. In 1996, he won three races in a car that barely deserved to be anywhere near the podium. Maybe he'll win again, but the magic is gone.

You summed it up perfectly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

For the last few seasons i've followed Mclaren but i used to follow Williams, Brawn, Renault, Jordan and even Jaguar but i'd love if Webber or Rubens finally become champion. I love it even more if Ferrari lose and Massa finishes ahead of Alonso :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

my two fav drivers fighting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MI0Q7TV84cQ

toyota has straight speed but ferrari all over him in curves

Advertisement