Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lewis Hamilton American Accent

Options
  • 28-03-2011 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else notice Lewis Hamilton's American accent in the post race interviews ?

The more I see and hear of this guy the more I like him !!!!!

COME ON BUTTON

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Oh no...

Please tell me he didn't really say that.

And I thought my hatred for him had peaked.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

I hear ya man. Thought the same, but then I heard his americian accent and now he is comparing himself to Senna and Alonso to Prost.

How did Alonso not just deck him the arrogant little pr*ck

On a side note, its also great to see how loyal he was to his father who put him where he is !!! Firing him. Good man Lewis you plonker

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Lewis makes the race interesting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Yeah and we all know what happened to Senna...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Anyone know why Lewis fired his father and what the whole story is there?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

Anyone know why Lewis fired his father and what the whole story is there?

He is 26 all grown up?, doesn't need his oul lad hanging around all the time. His Father was out of his depth as a F1 drivers manager anyway.

Hamilton is no Senna :o

Most of the greats wouldn't compare themselves to anyone before them but want their own name to be up there in its own rite. Couldn't see Vettel or Alonso wanting to be someone else. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Killinator

thegoth wrote: »

How did Alonso not just deck him the arrogant little pr*ck
    To be fair, Alonso is far from the humblest person on the grid, Pot meet Mr. Kettle.
    I'm a massive Senna fan but he did things that would make any modern driver look a saint, cough*Suzuka*cough, but it was all passion for him I suppose:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's only a newspaper article, for all we know he said those things jokingly, & could easily have been taken out of context.

What's that old axiom, don't believe everything you read?

You could take any interview from an F1 driver & document it in a way that makes it look like their singing their own praises etc. Just move on, I wouldn't pay The Guardian anymore attention than I would Legard :p

It's all about the racing.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    He is 26 all grown up?, doesn't need his oul lad hanging around all the time. His Father was out of his depth as a F1 drivers manager anyway.

Father possibly was out of his depth but that doesnt explain the major fallout that happened. Seems they were not talking for ages. Lewis is a d1ckheaad really.

• Advertisement

mickdw wrote: »
    Seems they were not talking for ages. Lewis is a d1ckheaad really.
    Again, none of us know what hes like in reality, we see him mainly in competitive mode where he has to come across as confident and dare I say it arrogant,
    Hell, he's never even allowed on camera without some sort of Vodafone/Mercedes/Santander advertising around, we rarely if ever get to see Lewis as Lewis and not as superstar F1 driver Lewis Hamilton,
    Who really knows what hes like,
    Again using Senna as an example, most people didn't know of his massive charitable contributions till after his death, and I'm sure more than a few found him to be an arrogant sulky driver always ready to complain (some Prost fans to name a 'few') when he was alive and racing.

That said it is highly irritating listening to the radio comms during races when he's doing badly, ie: 'the cars not right', 'my seats not right', 'the tires aren't good', 'I've got no downforce', etc,etc....

As may be obvious I do like Hammy, but as a driver, its nothing to do with his personality, a good/likable personality is MORE OFTEN THAN NOT a trait NOT possessed by most F1 drivers, give the nice ones success and watch the goodness disappear as the want to remain successful increases.

And as for his dad,no one here seems to know the reasoning behind his sacking but most are happy to believe it was Lewis's fault, maybe it was his dads fault........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Killinator wrote: »
    Again, none of us know what hes like in reality, we see him mainly in competitive mode where he has to come across as confident and dare I say it arrogant,
    Hell, he's never even allowed on camera without some sort of Vodafone/Mercedes/Santander advertising around, we rarely if ever get to see Lewis as Lewis and not as superstar F1 driver Lewis Hamilton,
    Who really knows what hes like,
    Again using Senna as an example, most people didn't know of his massive charitable contributions till after his death, and I'm sure more than a few found him to be an arrogant sulky driver always ready to complain (some Prost fans to name a 'few') when he was alive and racing.

That said it is highly irritating listening to the radio comms during races when he's doing badly, ie: 'the cars not right', 'my seats not right', 'the tires aren't good', 'I've got no downforce', etc,etc....

As may be obvious I do like Hammy, but as a driver, its nothing to do with his personality, a good/likable personality is MORE OFTEN THAN NOT a trait NOT possessed by most F1 drivers, give the nice ones success and watch the goodness disappear as the want to remain successful increases.

And as for his dad,no one here seems to know the reasoning behind his sacking but most are happy to believe it was Lewis's fault, maybe it was his dads fault........

Yeeeeeeaaaah.....still reckon he's a dickhead though

smooch71 wrote: »
    Yeeeeeeaaaah.....still reckon he's a dickhead though

Yeeeeaah...........whatever!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement