Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OS X not entering power saving mode

Options
  • 28-03-2011 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

For somereason OS X has stopped entering power saving mode. I checked power saving settings and everything is still enabled but the only way I can get it to enter power saving is by manually doing it. I normally leave my Mac on but I won't be able to if it won't enter power saving mode.

Any ideas of what else I can try?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,671 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Power saving mode? I assume you mean sleep?

Is there anything connected to the Mac that could be preventing it from sleeping? Is there any software or background process that could be interfering? Is Spotlight indexing?

Try some of the suggestions here as well:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1776

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Yeah sleep.

I got up this morning and the screen was still on. I had the console open. Could that have caused it?

I'll quit everything and see.

Advertisement