Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sinister free coaching

Options
  • 27-03-2011 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭

Hey hey,

Most of the people here reading this know who I am so I won't bother giving an introduction or any of that lark. Basically since I stepped down a level in WoW to a more casual atmosphere, a few guys in my current Guild have approached me regarding coaching and getting better and I have offered to train and coach people, free of charge.

I'm currently coaching a brand-new SC2 player whose really committed and motivated and in order to give him proper coaching and training I'm looking for a few things:

1. If there are any Bronze/Silver/Gold players out there available any day after 3-5PM (to play for a few hours) then please contant me either in-game at Sinister.947, on IRC under the alias UV`Sinister or Ushra or PM me here.
    2. If there are any players interested in learning more about the game or are looking for sparring partners on a regular basis then contact me above.
    I'd also like to note here that if anyone is interested and motivated enough I'm going to take you on and offer coaching, daily, completely free of charge alongside the coaching I'm currently providing. Feel free to hit me up at the above if you're interested. Ideally, I'm looking for players in lower Leagues to work alongside the guy I'm already working with but I'll help and aid players from any division and rating as long as they are willing and eager to learn.

The person I'm currently coaching's ID is "Gogoparadise.715" who is brand new to the game but has aspirations to be competing in Tournaments successfully soon. The players I'm looking for need to want to learn, have a couple of hours available a week (excluding Saturday's) and regularly be involved.

I'm not saying I'm an amazing player or anything like that, but I am offering a chance for some players who are looking to improve an opportunity totally free of charge and dedication from myself. If you're interested, get in contact with me ASAP as this has already started.

~Sinister.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

hey man.
    ill take that offer if its cool :)

im bronze,
    well i was promoted to silver a while ago,
    but havent had the chance to play cause of work,
    but i have plenty of time from now on.

but I would say im easily back in bronze level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Name and ID, please :_)

Himself.369

im not at home at the moment,
    im in work,
    but i will be able to start of thursday if thats cool with you?

Br4tPr1nc3 wrote: »
    Himself.369

im not at home at the moment,
    im in work,
    but i will be able to start of thursday if thats cool with you?

Thank you, just what I'm looking for. Yes, Thursday is fine although it will be rather late in the evening!

thursday is grand man.
    late is perfect aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Feanor/980

Silver Terran. Feel free to hit me up whenever I'm online. I suck completely though so don't complain if I don't offer your apprentice a challenge! :pac:

I would also be interested in coaching and would be very flexible in terms of time, but again I'm a Silver player with 400+ games, so...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

Hey man, would love to avail of this! Played you before and as you know I'm woeful! Any help would be immensely appreciated

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,750 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Great idea Sinister. I had previously thought of how this could work on boards.ie.

Shall you be observing the match and offering comments afterwards or is it ingame coaching. Would love to avail but frankly do not have the time to commit. I usually play 4-5 hours 1 day per week depeding on my work schedule

EDIT: I can't avail of this offer but as a bronze player perhaps I could offer my services as the 'Red Team' every now and then. I will be online and playing this Thursday up until about 10pm. This would allow me to get some games with Irish players of a similar level to me.

Bramble.974

I play as Terran but am considering trying out as Protoss at some point (4 gaters, if you can't beat them..........!!!!)

Tenger wrote: »
    Great idea Sinister. I had previously thought of how this could work on boards.ie.

Shall you be observing the match and offering comments afterwards or is it ingame coaching. Would love to avail but frankly do not have the time to commit. I usually play 4-5 hours 1 day per week depeding on my work schedule

I had previously thought that an idea for boards.ie group could be for a 1v1 with both players having an experienced coach observing giving ingame comments.

It's both. At the start it will be a lot of hands-on in-game coaching to see what level the player is at, how they adapt to situations etc. After a while, when they have the mechanics more solid, hopefully I'll be able to sit back and let them develop and give some guidance in-game, analyse replays and get games up and running all the time - hopefully between players I'm coaching to maximise the efficiency.

This is a pretty big commitment from me, so if I was to "take you on" I'd kinda of need more than 1 day a week, however, what I can do is get you in games with some of the guys I'm coaching when you are online and work from there.

Need your name and ID, please.

Ramza, Feanor and Himself I'll get in contact with you in-game this week when you're online. Don't forget to use the in-game channel - Starcraft.ie - or the IRC channel #starcraft.ie.

EDIT: I provide Vent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 phisku

I'm intrested too,
    but it's more to help me to figure those little things that keep me away from master level. Also could be good for my english if we use skype or something to talk online :).

phisku.797 or ganzje.824
    Terran yo.

• Advertisement

Brilliant, I won't post the Vent info publically but I'll shout at ya in-game.

Also, could you post your race as well :_))

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

I'm not sure how available I can be with family committments, but Id be really interested in signing on to this.

Bronze Level Protoss
    Anotheridiot/834

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Stingerbar

If you're confident enough - cast over a stream

getting popular these days

I don't intend to make money from this.

I've also added all you guys who put your names forward and will be contacting you all as I see you online. Once again, thanks for the interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭freepower

I'm a diamond zerg about two hundred points below you, but I'd love another terran sparring partner. I'd be happy to play various Zerg styles against your protege as well. :)

freepower.997

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Deliasz

It is something what I'll be looking for.

I will update my details later due login issue...

Deliasz

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Played your protege earlier on Sinister, ended up 3-1 in my favour, my loss being on Tal-Darim Altar (or whatever its called) - if someone knows how the **** to play TvZ on this map then please please tell me. I went all bio because mech sucks on such a big map but its too easy to lose your entire army when you go bio because of sloppy micro.

Generally my TvZ record is my strongest, but I'm very passive and go for an anti-muta build - thors/marines plus tanks. So I don't know if I'm really any good as I know typically you are supposed to be aggressive TvZ.

Anyway I was very impressed considering he was bronze, he adapts very quickly, picks up on things well and had unusally good game sense for a low rank player (much more so then me). Just tell him to attack less, stay away from the cheesy one base borderline all ins and force him to macro as much as possible. ;)

Indeed, considering he started playing the game a couple of days ago (like last weekend or something) I think he's coming along quite nicely. I'll be getting a lot more involved from today onwards, not only with him but also the other guys who are online so you'll just have to hit me up if you see me online.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Orizio wrote: »
    Played your protege earlier on Sinister, ended up 3-1 in my favour, my loss being on Tal-Darim Altar (or whatever its called) - if someone knows how the **** to play TvZ on this map then please please tell me.

marine/tank/medivac/upgrades

same as every other map :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Just siege the natural from the low ground, bunker up.

Advertisement