Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Slabs / Tiles / Stone

Options
  • 27-03-2011 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭

Hi Boardies

I am looking at paving part of my back garden.

I will seek to buy the product first and then have my brother in law lay the pation for me - recession saver!

I am looking at shopping around for the materials.

Does anyone have any recommendations on stores in Dublin / meath / kildare that i can go look and price the slabs / tiles. I dont want to spend my weekends randomly looking.

I am looking at about 40 sq m.

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Why not try a random Google search of stone stockists to scope availability and prices and then plan your visits?

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭potsy11

I did. Results were terrible and no sites give prices of slabs.

Hence this post !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

potsy11 wrote: »
    Hi Boardies

I am looking at paving part of my back garden.

I will seek to buy the product first and then have my brother in law lay the pation for me - recession saver!

I am looking at shopping around for the materials.

Does anyone have any recommendations on stores in Dublin / meath / kildare that i can go look and price the slabs / tiles. I dont want to spend my weekends randomly looking.

I am looking at about 40 sq m.

Thanks

Homebase in santry have paving slabs..so do B&Q in Airside..they shouldnt be more than a euro each or so.

I never thought of B&Q or Homebase.....Ill go check them out....are the slabs of good quality there do you know?

potsy11 wrote: »
    I never thought of B&Q or Homebase.....Ill go check them out....are the slabs of good quality there do you know?

They're concrete as far as i know..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭Brianmeath

http://www.forgepavingcentre.ie/

Bought from these today,

great service and help, i have been around lots of place looking in the last few weeks and they are by far the best IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Antiquo

OP patio's should last a good few years indeed decades if properly laid but if you buy cheap concrete slabs they can look like crap very quickly.
    Good man made or natural stone slabs will look good for decades and won't blister or split with the frost next winter. IMO spend the money you are saving on labour on the decent slabs.

Brianmeath wrote: »
    http://www.forgepavingcentre.ie/

Bought from these today,

great service and help, i have been around lots of place looking in the last few weeks and they are by far the best IMO.
    Well they need to improve that website for starters..it was making my eyes bleed trying to find out anything apart from badly taken pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Shorty69664

I've used Roadstone (Retail shops) for slabs before.
    They have good products but not sure how they compare in price.

Didnt like B&Q or Homebase - But thanks for the heads up

checking out Forgepaving at the moment.

Came across Kisaran who have a reasonable range but its concrete slabs, am keen on stone slabs now!

thanks for all the advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement